Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It. Is. DONE.

Whew, so that's what work feels like?  No wonder I did everything way ahead of the due date through most of my college career.  Jeebus.

I just finished writing my undergraduate thesis.  I started at 8a this morning and worked until 1:30p.  ~3,300 words and 22 pages later - here I am.  Thoroughly exhausted.  I know that a giant weight is off my shoulders, but for some reason it still feels like its pushing down on my chest.  I don't know what I'm so concerned about.  I'm sure by tomorrow morning I will be feeling ecstatic again - or wait, no, probably not because I have to present at a symposium all day.  Sigh.  I suppose that's what that weight on my chest is - the symposium.  I printed off my 4 ft. x 3 ft. poster this afternoon.  It looks all snazzy.  I was paranoid I'd spelled something wrong until I checked it over three times.

After I printed the poster I headed to the hospital to say hello to little Jackson.  He was born yesterday at 7:22p.  8lbs 19.5 inches.  Jaci and Mike couldn't be prouder or happier parents!!




After a good visit with the beautiful little family I headed to Black Bear to devour my favorite dish and calm down about life a little bit.  Came back home to pack up more stuff to move home tomorrow.  I'm headed home for 5 days of R&R.  Two, possibly three, big presentations - including my thesis defense - on Monday.  Oi vey. 

For now, I'm going to watch Eat, Pray, Love and relax a bit.  Hope your Tuesday wasn't as stressful or full of work like mine!

1 comment:

  1. Cute baby! Glad to hear you conquered that thesis! Enjoy your relaxing night!

    ReplyDelete