Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fickle

I'm tired of school work consuming my time.
I'm tired of not having lots of time for the horses.
I'm tired of not getting to ride.
I'm tired of poor footing conditions.
I'm tired of the lack of sun.
I'm tired of nighttime creeping in so early.
 
But on the other hand...

I'm not tired of skiing.
I'm not tired of snow.
I'm not tired of ski patrol weekends.
I'm not tired of powder days.
I'm not tired of a second paycheck.
 
Inevitably though, the seasons will change.
School will end [soon].
The weather will warm.
The sun will return.
The days will lengthen.
The ground will dry out.
And I will have time again to ride and play with the horses.
Skiing, my friend, I'll see you when I see you.


1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! Totally have preferred the snowy days over here to the muddy ones. I jumped for joy the other day when I looked at the clock and realized that at 6:30 pm there was still light out. Hurray longer days! Really looking forward to spring-have never experienced a "real" one!

    ReplyDelete