- Continue to pursue maintaining her calm demeanor: SUCCESS. Now, with the return of a heat cycle in the warmer months...will this continue?!
- Continue with further work in side reins and dressage exercises US: SUCCESS. The bulk of work Q did this month incorporated these things.
- Begin lateral work: FAIL. Forever a fail. Maybe March is the month?!
- Continue bareback and bridless work: FAIL. No time.
- Get out onto the trails more: SUCCESS! So many trails. Total of 9.5 miles on the trail.
- Walk-trot consistency US with bridle: I incorporated the bridle into all of our rides over the sidepull halter, but have yet to attach reins to the bridle.
- Continue work in side reins: SUCCESS. Not quite as many sessions as I hoped, but we were fairly consistent given my schedule. His strength is building.
- Walk-trot poles during non-US work: SUCCESS. Every ground session in side reins included ground poles.
- Further work with dressage concepts
- Introduction to more lateral work
- Lots of miles
- HIIT workouts in prep for our ride at the end of April
- More trail miles
- More work with bridle without having a fit while US
- Much more time in side reins to build strength