Monday, September 15, 2014

Blog Hop: Why Did You Start?

Mel @ Boots and Saddles started this question hop:

Why did you start riding (and/or running, biking, etc.)?

Riding

I was the toddler that yelled, "HORSIE!" or - excuse the "y" because that's how I pronounced my "L" for the longest time - "YOOK! HORSIE! YOOK! YOOK!"

And it never stopped.

And my parents did what they could to stymie my childhood obsession by purchasing the obligatory Grand Champion horse sets and oodles of stuffed animals and other horse-related toys for me, but that simply wasn't enough.

So they figured, well, this pony ride at the festival will probably satisfy her? Not enough.

A couple lessons once in awhile with friends who have horses? Not enough.

Fine, weekly lessons for a few years and then she'll hit puberty and it'll go away? Not enough.

And then, here we are, 20 years of riding under my belt, and its NOT ENOUGH.

Fortunately, I'm lucky enough to be able to afford horses on my own dime and own time now. My two keep me pretty happy and tremendously busy. And it's terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment