Thursday, January 15, 2015

TOABH: Wish We Could

Let's pretend that financial restrictions don't exist and logistics isn't a nightmare.  If you could do anything with your Ponykins, what would you do?

  • Attend more endurance rides than I already do. I keep my schedule to a measly 3 or 4 rides a year right now because of finances and logistics, not because Q isn't capable of doing more. Throwing the two things holding me back out the window? Oh goodness, I'd be at so many rides! Beyond the obvious "I love to ride my horse as much as I can" thing, the biggest draw of endurance (for me) is getting to ride some absolutely remarkable terrain and see some stunning landscapes from horseback.
  • Fox hunt. Cantering across the country side and jumping obstacles has been a pleasing thought since I was a child and ran through my elementary school hallways and playground riding my imaginary horse and jumping imaginary jumps. The only thing that would make the dream come completely true is if I had my imaginary pet cheetah to hunt with! (Don't judge. The mind of a seven year old is what it is.)
  • Ride on the beach. I got a taste of this in Costa Rica (at sunset at a full out gallop for nigh on a mile) and it merely whetted my appetite for more!
  • Backcountry trips. I'm totally capable of doing this now, but the logistics are so daunting that I don't. Because Beka is majickal and told me logistics aren't a nightmare means that we're goin' on a pack trip through some of the most beautiful West Virginia landscapes - who's in? Dom, Ozzy may still have a future as a pack horse! ;-) He can carry the kegs. Because alcohol. And I know how to pack a keg on a Decker style saddle.
  • Dressage. Because it would build foundation of all of the above. The closest instructor to me is a 2.5 hour drive over the Appalachians/Allegheny mountains. I would so very much love to do dressage under the watchful eyes of a knowledgeable instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment