Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Jump-Jump Pony Turns Ten (!!)

Holy shit, y'all. This grey fella is ten years old!!!

20200728_195722
Just the prettiest boy.

He's been a part of my life for 8½ of his years. It absolutely blows my mind.

DSC_6855
Talk about a blast from the past. Who remembers this little tyke?!

For his 10th birthday, I motivated myself to get up and FINALLY repaint my jump standards. They have been in dire need of a fresh coat to help outlast our intense weather up here, and I've been putting it off with no real reason since March. But when the jump-jump pony turns 10, you've gotta do something special for him, right? And what could make the jump-jump pony happier than having his jumps setup again?

Nothing. Nothing makes him happier than jumping.

Snapchat-450439718

While we've had the cavaletti and XC jumps up for a few months, my shoulder injury set us back so far as any kind of regular jumping goes. As we both get back into the swing of things, I knew jumping colorful sticks that fall down would be much preferred to large solid objects. 

Sunday morning, I got up and got at it pretty early. And my early start paid off. I had three coats of paint on those jumps and had them setup in the field before noon!

Snapchat-213449562Snapchat-1889338184

It was a hot (for here) day, but not humid at all (for the first time in weeks), so I pulled Grif out for a short little birthday jumpy jump session. I think he was a little surprised at first to see the jumps out there! But he took to them quickly enough. It was as if we'd just jumped them yesterday. And not like...gosh, I'm not sure. I don't think I've had the standards setup at Starlight Lane yet. 

Screenshot_20200726-141534_Video PlayerScreenshot_20200726-141640_Video PlayerScreenshot_20200726-141119_Video PlayerScreenshot_20200726-141900_Video PlayerScreenshot_20200726-141920_Video Player

Happy birthday, Grif. You're the best grey pony a girl could ever dream of having.

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Griffin!!!! I hope he had a great birthday full of jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww happy bday Griffin! He looks soooo grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Griff! What a great day with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy bday Griff!! He looks great jumping the newly painted jumps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good with a fresh coat of paint :) Glad you got to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have kept them teal! Pretty sure my HOA would not have liked that though. Sigh.

      Delete
    2. It's still so weird to me that you have an HOA in the middle of nowhere like that, but yeah, that makes sense.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, Griffin! He's grown up into such a solid, handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so cute!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww baby Griff! He was actually the reason I started reading your blog. He reminded me so much of my first horse, Gambler. :) Happy Birthday Griffin!!

    ReplyDelete