Thursday, September 3, 2026

Summer Photos

Earlier this summer, my brother's girlfriend wanted to "take photos one evening". The plan was loose, but it essentially was just going to give each of us an opportunity to have photos taken. Each of us spends more time behind the lens vs. in front of it. As a result, we both feel absurdly awkward in front of the lens. 

In a grand effort to be less awkward, I opted to pose with my horses as much as possible for my 15 minutes of time in front of the lens. I still felt really awkward, but focusing on them vs. the camera gave me something to do that wasn't just fussing internally about what I should do with my body. 

The resulting photos that M captured are really lovely. And the experience showed me that I really need to force myself in front of the lens more; something that makes me that uncomfortable is worth poking at and improving upon.


6C22C005-7DDB-4C96-ACBF-3F4684767F303F6776DC-2A21-445B-B9A4-98DDFAE3EE49D8DB1734-61C9-4A49-9C80-EB140BD0BA0DF7826995-D772-4557-843F-F36FEE43EE3BC3EBCF3F-7517-424C-8F57-A2C6316CB602BE43BBBE-60A3-4737-A1A2-36FBEB51D51453F6F588-AC65-4AEF-9F95-1B38C7B16EDA4B1F4C35-3FC3-41CE-8F60-CEA46DFF4148AEFFED10-C62F-4D99-9FDE-5E47F9FC4E7EDD021EF0-A7F0-43CA-AE1A-A9777ED4DE91A6B44E12-3342-419D-BD23-CC1CAD428225556381CC-6364-4238-A284-E5E78F81C20933F49AEC-A197-4E7B-BD99-A702CD527C9C29A71F96-206D-49AB-B73B-FD87A381CECB7404BD98-36DB-46C1-ADE4-77B7441E624A5DDAF653-B805-4F11-B11F-A69C3B80D31D

No comments:

Post a Comment