Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Building Character

Building character, that's what they call it when you're going through a hard time.  Its the positive outlook way to see things.  I'm trying to be positive, but, man, am I tired of building character.  Its tough stuff.

Going through this break up has been really rough; worse because I'm not even certain why it happened.  The "how to fix this" conversation didn't even occur.  He just kind of bailed out.  And I'm working on moving on.  And all things considered, I really think I'm doing a stand-up job.

Today was my "big" interview.  I suppose it was a grand experience to sit and talk to said professor.   But he had absolutely no interest in me as a graduate student.  He just told me about the process and gave me ideas on where to apply and how to go about it.  I'm grateful, but I knew most of that stuff already.  I've already applied places.  No one has interest in me.  Wildlife is difficult that way.  You can't simply "get into" a school.  You've got to find a professor that likes you, they've got to already have a position in mind, and they've got to have it fully funded.  Makes life difficult.

I guess today was just another one for the books.  But it's ok.  I'm getting used to this let-down thing.  Its getting easier at least.  Building character.  Yeah, I can do that.  Why not.  I'm sure I'll be better for it in the long run.  Its just hard right now.

One thing is for certain though.  I have the MOST amazing and supportive people around me anyone could ever ask for.  And I guess you don't really realize how great of a fan base you have until you go through things like this.  Its hard going through everything all at once, but the support I have?  Unbelievable.  The moments I don't believe in myself, when I doubt, when my confidence waivers, someone gives me the lift I need.  Phenomenal.

Now...if only the weather would cheer up a bit!  This dreary winter thing?  I'm over it.  Mr. Sun and I are long overdue for a date.  Until then though I have puppy therapy.  This is my new nephew:


Silas, a long-haired Weim.  Pretty boy.  His mom is a super hard worker and is in school.  Tuesdays and Thursdays she can't be home with him so I've volunteered to babysit him those days for the first month or so.  He's only 10 weeks old.  Hard to believe the little chunker is gonna reach 90lbs one day!  Kenai likes him so far, wishes he was a little more rambunctious though, I think.  But that will come with time.

I had lunch today with an old friend, Tim.  (Weird that I can say "old friend".  I feel old...gah.)  It was REALLY good to see him.  Its been awhile since we got to sit down and talk.  He got married to his dream girl back in May and they're expecting their first, a little girl, at the end of June.  I'm super excited for him.  He was really hoping for a girl, probably one of few guys who would admit that.  I'm really excited to get to knit super cute little girl hats.  Did the boy thing already, now for little girl hats.  And knitting with ribbon, and fluffy-fuzzy yarn.  Ooohhh excitement.

For now...watching the few minutes of Gilmore Girls I've NEVER EVER seen!  My season two disc four skipped when I owned it before, so I finally emailed WB before break and now have my replacement season!  Its PHENOMENAL.  I'm super excited.  The first minute of never-viewed footage was really good, I have high hopes for the next bit too.  Its little things like this that are getting me through.  Haha, pathetic.  But man, I LOVE Gilmore Girls!  And my love for them is going to lead me to finish this post with one little phrase:


COPPER BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment