Thursday, September 29, 2011

Saftey and the like

Whoop, whoop!  I am getting one of these in the mail very shortly!



After 4 years of non-helmet wearing I’m converting back.  I can’t guarantee that I’ll end up wearing it a perfect 100% of the time from now until infinity, but I’ll definitely wear it often.  I’d also (not for another couple years probably) like to get one of these (also by Tipperary).



I saw them [for the first time] at the endurance race this year and was intrigued.  I want one!  I become a [much more] ballsier rider when I have a helmet on, so combine it with the protective vest?!  Bring it.  Okay, just kidding, don’t “bring it”, but I won’t be very hesitant about things that I was uncertain about prior to protection.


I’m pumped.

Had a pretty good ride on the QH/Arab mare again last night.  She’s just brilliant.  I really enjoy her.  She’s definitely swung my door to the middle between the mares vs. geldings decision.  I’d be happy with either now.  No more discrimination.  If the horse strikes me as capable of doing what I want (one day when I’m legit shopping, you know) I will take him/her home with me with no concern to the gender.  Hell, if I could start him young, I’d even take an un-cut colt and consider keeping him a stallion as long as he respected the world and wouldn’t screw a fence post.  I digress…  The mare was great though.  Still figuring out which bit she’ll listen to best though.  We did a lot more jumping last night than we had prior.  She’s willing, but still tries to balk and avoid if your attention wavers just the slightest.  But that’s probably my fault as I have no formal jumping lessons. 

Which leads me to this…

For Monday night I have scheduled my first ever formal hunter/jump seat lesson.  Whoop, whoop!  Another reason to order the helmet TODAY so I have it on Monday (free 2-day shipping, baby!). 

Many equine updates to come!  For now, I’m off to a weekend (yeah, I have 3-day weekends every other week, booya) of fun and chaos in Morgantown!  Let’s go Mountaineers! 

Hope your weekend proves fun and enjoyable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment