Bareback ride 1x week (dressage emphasis)I GOT TWO (ISH) OF THESE IN THIS MONTH. NOT GREAT, BUT NOT A COMPLETE FAIL! Hill sprints 1x weekSOLID! ONCE OR TWICE ON THE HILL SPRINT HILL, THEN ALL OTHER TIMES ON SHORTER TRAIL RIDES. Q'S REAR END IS NOTICEABLY MORE MUSCULAR AT THE END OF THE MONTH. LOVE IT! Reintroduce jumping regularlyWE BEAT THAT DEAD HORSE WITH A STICK. STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO, BUT REGULAR JUMPING HAS RETURNED. Would like to try to get a total of 50 miles on trails/otherwise in prior to her next race on June 1447 MILES OF MEASURED TRAIL RIDING, MANY OTHER NON-MEASURED, NON-TRAIL WORKOUTS, I'D SAY A SUCCESS HERE! Successful May 27 with elementary schoolers (more on this later)SUCCESS!Y'ALL READ ABOUT IT COUPLE DAYS AGO.
More trailering away for rides/eventsTWO AWAY FROM HOME RIDES. ONE LARGE RIDE AND ONE SMALL RIDE. ONE HOUR RIDE AND ONE HALF HOUR RIDE. HE'S STILL A BIT NERVOUS ABOUT TRAILERING (EVIDENT IN HIS DRENCHED WITH SWEAT BODY) BUT GETTING LESS NERVOUS WITH EACH RIDE. More miles36.65 MEASURED MILES WITH MANY OTHER SMALLER TRAINING RIDES OFF TRAIL. I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS FOR A NOT-QUITE 4 YEAR OLD. Time US with bridle, you know, since I didn't put a bit in his mouth at all in April.HE HAD SEVERAL RIDES THIS MONTH WITH THE BIT REINTRODUCED BOTH US AND IN SIDE REINS.
- Remain happy and healthy through the Old Dominion 50
- Become calmer under saddle (this goal is all for me in part)
- Try to get ~ 80 miles in this month (including the OD)
- Continue once weekly jumping, hill sprints, dressage
- Find more time to get off property with trailer
- Steadily increase length and intensity of workouts (but not necessarily at the same time!)
- Continue work in side reins