Thursday, November 7, 2013

No Stress

(Look up! I've added a new tab/page to fill in new folks on the history of horses in my life. Enjoy!)

Aaah, I LOVE the time I have lately. Getting dark early? No bueno. Having time and no looming "things to do" with the horses or life though? SO nice. I love being able to just "play" with my equine friends.
Griffin is beginning his "be in shapeness" and as far as Q goes, I was going to give her a load of time "off" but I think instead I'm going to do my best to maintain a level of fitness on her. I may not ride her to keep this fitness, but she's going to be working all the same.
Its such a load off my mind to have done our first 50. I know what "in shape" is for her. I know how I got her there. Now, for the future, I don't have to worry about it. I know what I need to do to be ready, more than ready, or know that I should ride a slower pace because we aren't *quite* where we were.

And Griffin? He's just fun. I like, no, LOVE, our slow pace of things. I do a little here and a little there as it falls into place. We got no where to be in any sort of hurry! Watching him as he goes through everything I request makes me smile. Smile BIG.

So much potential for him. Maybe I'll put fear aside one day and actually SHOW him in dressage or jumping or something. Endurance is in the cards for him just because. But I think he could do other things, too! And Q! I'm just poor under pressure. Its why I like endurance. I know what the baseline is for completing and from there I get to pick my own path to success.


No comments:

Post a Comment