Sunday, June 26, 2011

ziggity ziggity shwaa

Ah, baby horses, they make everyone smile!



She was born early this morning.  This was her momma last night around 6:30p last night when I turned her out:

She had the baby outside all on her own.  Go Bug!

Not the most relaxing of weekends.  But I had fun.  And that's what counts.  In the past 4 days Orion and I completed 34 miles of training.  Booya.  Still hard to believe (at this point in time) that we'll do 30 miles in about 4 hours or so in just a little over a month! 

Kenai eating the food Orion drops...oh my boys
Booting up, tacking up, and getting out on the trail has been great though.  And he's really doing amazing considering everything.  Did 8 miles in an hour, 10 miles in an hour thirteen minutes, and 6 miles in 45 minutes today with lots of walking because someone is lazy - not the biped, but who are we kidding, I'm not doing the work so I shouldn't say anything.  Tomorrow he gets a well-deserved day off while I ride the pink pony (this horse is literally pink, pictures will follow some point soon). 

Hopefully in the next month I'll have photos/videos to post of Orion and I.  I'm working on bullying a friend into filming/photographing us.  We shall see.  Haha.  Orion looks so super snazzy in red and black though.  We picked up a lot of new gear this weekend.  Borrowing a super sweet Wintec saddle that is black, and was given some sweet new irons (stirrups) and a bright red pad (!!!) to match his bright red boots and breast strap and bridle.  So mostly red with black saddle and reins.  Ziggity, ziggity, shwaa. 

Monday begins the whirlwind of busyness.  Busy work weeks with riding every evening (be it my horse or that of someone else) && weekends of being out of town.  But those weekends will be wonderful.  Looking at my calendar for the next two months...oh dear.  A blur of colors and overlapping events.  Chaos reigns.  I think I might collapse after the endurance race is over.  Oi vey.  But all this chaos is self-inflicted.  And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment