Stay healthy, sound, and fit approaching our 50 at the end of the monthCOMPLETED Taper accordinglyWE DID Have a safe 50 miles at No FrillsIT WAS. 10TH/12 COMPLETIONS, 6MPH AVG. PACE
Build more miles onto his baseCOMPLETE. I WAS GONE FOR 14 DAYS THIS MONTH, BUT GOT ABOUT 20 MILES IN ON THE GREY HORSE Spend time in side reinsFAIL. COMPLETELY FORGOT. Advance skill US with bridle.FAIL. DIDN'T PUT A BIT IN HIS MOUTH AT ALL IN APRIL.
: : : : :
- Bareback ride 1x week (dressage emphasis)
- Hill sprints 1x week
- Reintroduce jumping regularly
- Would like to try to get a total of 50 miles on trails/otherwise in prior to her next race on June 14
- Successful May 27 with elementary schoolers (more on this later)
- More trailering away for rides/events
- More miles
- Time US with bridle, you know, since I didn't put a bit in his mouth at all in April.
As you can see, I'm not making hard and fast goals for the little grey guy. Miles are doing wonders for him all around right now. I'm noticing his increased fitness each day and he is finally bulking up a lot throughout his body. Miles for him aren't many and they aren't over crazy terrain, but they're really helping him develop a brain and conditioning.
As far as Q goes, she's into her first *fingers crossed* full season of endurance. Maintaining her fitness, tweaking it here and there, and keeping her sound and healthy are my main goals. The introduction of the cross training is so we can have fun things to keep minds active and build muscle that will aid us moving down the trail for endurance rides. If she's going to have to move down the trail for hours at a time every 7 weeks or so, I don't feel the need to cram in so many miles that way in our in-between time. Jumps, dressage, and hills sound like way more fun for both of us!