Remain happy and healthy through the Old Dominion 50Success. Though some issues definitely cropped up toward the end of the ride that have led to further investigation for painful stimuli. Become calmer under saddle (this goal is all for me in part)Work in progress! But definitely honing in on this. Try to get ~ 80 miles in this month (including the OD)SOLID SUCCESS. 80½ miles for the month from a total of 1 endurance event and 5 training rides. Continue once weekly jumping, hill sprints, dressagePartial success/fail. We ditched the jumping to focus more on trails. The dressage was more applied in trail work thanks to the addition of the kimberwicke and running martingale. The hill sprints existed in full though have been altered to our trails instead of my field hill. Instead of sprinting balls to the wall up the short hill in the field in intervals, we now take all hills (and mountains!) on the trail at the fastest feasible speed for the trail conditions that day. Little girl's butt has muscled up beautifully as a result!
Find more time to get off property with trailerFail. He didn't leave property at all in the trailer this month. Steadily increase length and intensity of workouts (but not necessarily at the same time!)Oh yes. He's been working lots more this month! Monthly mileage total of 38.2 miles from 6 rides! Continue work in side reinsTotal and complete fail. I think I maybe did this 1x this month?
: : : : :
- Become calmer under saddle (this goal is all for me in part)
- Remain healthy and sound
- Continue with hill/mountain sprints and become the Lance Armstrong of horses
- Find more time to get off property with trailer
- Steadily increase length and intensity of workouts (but not necessarily at the same time!)
- Work in side reins
- Build rider fitness through downhill running
- Strengthen lower back muscles
- Praise the shit out of Q in as many situations as I can to help her build confidence
: : : : :
Ends on July 4.