Monday, November 28, 2011

Committing

This is me committing to a new goal.  By doing it publicly it will bind me a little more and make me do it.

I want to practice yoga every day for 365 days.  That's right, a solid year.

Some days it may only be for 1 minute.  Other days it may be for 100 minutes.  I just want to commit to doing it every day for a whole year. 

I've always dreamed of being more flexible and more in-tune with my body and capable of doing some of those outstanding handstands/headstands/balancing moves.  This is a start. 

I'm certain I will branch out and dabble in other types of yoga, but I am choosing to being with Ashtanga.  My first goal, of many little ones throughout this process is to be able to do this:


So here's to committing, flexibility, and positive life changes that will inevitably result from daily yoga practice.

4 comments:

  1. I did yoga three times a week for a year and a half when i dated colin... I went from not being able to touch my toes to being able to bend in all neat ways... and it helped my knee soooooo much. since i stopped doing, i've noticed how much more my knee hurts.

    You'll def feel sooo much better and notice the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A common theme of yoga is the practice of concentration. The concentration is mainly focused on one point of sensation. When you sustain this “concentration” for a long enough period of time you will reach, what is called “meditation”.Types of yoga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck :) I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I LOVE this idea. I do try and meditate right before bed, just a few minutes and it's surprising how it relieves any anxiety. Yoga is so great!!

    ReplyDelete