Friday, November 25, 2011

Options

The future of my current job is officially bleak.  While I am saddened by this I am also forced to think about what I can potentially do come January 1 to keep me busy and put money into my bank account.

Option 1: The unbelievable happens and my job gets an extension & life resumes as per the norm.
Option 2: I get my dream job out in Jackson, WY (I applied for a position out there last week on a whim.  Its 6-month temporary but involves necropsies of ungulates and seems to suggest that I would also be working from horseback.  Can you say "Liz's dream job"?!  Even if I would be working in the snow and cold...)
Option 3: I become a pro-patroller at Canaan and get paid to do what I've been training to do these past six months.  This would involve either car-pooling or finding a friend w/ a spare room [and dog friendly] so I wouldn't have to drive back and forth all the time since my car is a flop on gas in the winter.
Option 4: I explore options as a vet-tech.
Option 5: I volunteer and help out the local equine vet on her rounds as something to do to get me out of the house.  I'd learn lots, too.  And, no, I don't want to go to vet school.  The stress would kill me -  both in-school and work-world.  Being on-call constantly and working 50-80 hours/week wouldn't suit this chick.
Option 6: Go back to assisting a dog groomer/bather.
Option 7: Tutor.
Option 8: House-sit, baby-sit, pet-sit to rake in any and all potential cash.
Option 9: Exercise folks horses.  Though the economy is so pooey that folks probably don't have the cash to pay for this.  If my car were a little better on gas monetary reimbursement wouldn't be such an issue, but alas, my MPG sucks.

Options are good - very good.  And obviously I have multiple ways and places to volunteer to keep me busy.  Busy shouldn't be a problem.  But I need some cash-flow to continue to pay for my OSU courses && put away into savings.  Silly economy, can you fix yourself already?  Or, rather, silly politicians, can you quit blaming one another and just work on helping people - that is why you were elected, right?

Anyone have any other ideas for me?  I refuse to work in fast-food, Wal-Mart, etc.  If I'm going to work, I'm going to do something I love and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen this until just now. You just gave me a few ideas for things to do this summer if things don't pan out with a new ELKINS waitressing job. Regardless, I am NOT spending the summer in Philippi again; it's dull, there's nothing to do, and it's too far from my boy. :)

    Also, I like the sound of being a vet tech..I hadn't really thought about it, but that would be kind of cool and without the stress and time of vet school. Hmmmmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete