Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hoof care

Okay - I don't usually gripe, but I'm going to come right out and say this about horse hoof care.

Everyone has their preferred method and their thoughts on what is best.  We all think less of methods we don't favor - usually because we just don't know enough about them so we find it easier to hate on them than to learn more.  I'm guilty of this, I know.  But its really frustrating when I try to keep to myself and people blatantly bash the method in my face as wrong or that its going to go wrong.  Its a learning experience, I'm learning more every day.  I'm putting myself out there to learn more as I go.  Some of it I'm still confused about.  But - I'm making an effort to learn.  I don't volunteer or preach it to you.  If you ask me about it though, I will most certainly share it with you.  Teaching and learning new things is valuable to anyone.  While "ignorance is bliss" to some I prefer Derek Bok's outlook on it: "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance".  The only reason people have issues with methods is due to ignorance about it.  Take the time to learn it thoroughly.  You might be surprised.  I was.

2 comments:

  1. ? Whose bashing the method? I've tried it, and i'm probably going to go back to shoes after the endurance race and use the boots in case shoes come off/ winter... but everyones got their own methods and it works for some horses more than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing of hoof care, but I think this lesson can be applicable to much of life! And I'm sorry for the bashers and the haters. They suck.

    ReplyDelete