Monday, August 15, 2011

Relaxing, why the hell not?

I had a mini-epiphany on my way to training this morning:

No matter how much time I usually have to get somewhere or to do something, I tend to be hasty - not in a dangerous way.  I just don't relax and enjoy the process of getting from point A to point B, be it walking somewhere or solving some sort of puzzle problem.  So, driving this morning I realized I should relax and enjoy more.  Be calm and enjoy each part of everything because time's gonna pass the same speed no matter what, so why the hell shouldn't I enjoy it?  (Similar to my revelation a few years ago about why the hell shouldn't I be happy all the time?  Shit happens, sure, but if you focus on the tiniest happy things then life doesn't seem so bad.)

I'm already walking slower, perfecting my posture in the process.  Looking around and just enjoying whats going on.  And this week I'll try to enjoy training and get the most out of it.

I'm at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, WV for training for work on the Endangered Species Act (ESA).  Bound to be a lot to learn and bound to be a good time I hope.  The food here is flippin' amazing, too.  And I have my own room in the lodge.  My evenings will be full of relaxing, reading, and knitting.

Relaxing.  Oh yeah.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it's all set up to be an amazing week! I hope you have a good, relaxing time. Maybe I'll see you when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy that relaxing! I'm jealous of it. :)

    ReplyDelete