Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Award




.
Andrea at Andrea's Animal Adventures gave me this award, and shared some kind words that I simply must return.  Because really, it made me chuckle a little when she noted how this cyber friendship would be one to test in the real world.  Its a thought I've had numerous times as we've bantered back and forth in comments and emails, drooling over horses, wondering the best ways to train our dogs, or just sharing little life anecdotes here and there.  We've got a lot in common and at the same time a lot different - but those differences lie in a realm of interest for both of us, I think.  I love hearing about her pursuits with her animals, and I love passing my vote towards getting another when she ponders it.  ;-)  And lets face it, with this coming election year I'm making my threat to move to Canada as I always do, and she's sorta there and all, so maybe I wouldn't be homeless?  Either way, thanks again, Andrea!



Now, the rules that go along with this award:1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave the award (see above).
3. Pick five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to 

five more blogs.


Here are my five picks:



Ashley at The Tales of Two Taylors and their Tots - Ashley and I have been internet/blog friends since we were teenagers.  A mutual friend (who I SWEAR I've actually met in person) brought us together and we've stayed friends since.  I love reading about her daily adventures as a full-time mom to her two boys (who look too freaking old in recent pictures - FREAKING ME OUT). She corrupted me into joining Pinterest and my life hasn't been the same since.  Hurrah crafting!


Kristen & Laz at Sweet Horse's Breath - I love the way  Kristen writes, I love the way she creates a dialogue for Laz, and I love that she's pursuing the most natural life possible for her bestest equine friend - and then sharing it with everyone!  Natural horse care is something I intend to pursue once I get my boy, and I love having a reference to go off and learn from.  You always hear about how hard or easy things are to do, so being able to learn from someone who is actually out there gettin' 'er done is much better than listening to banter from internet "sources".  Thanks for what you've done and are doing, you two!


Mel at Boots and Saddles is a person I greatly admire as she's pursuing a life I'm trying to gain for myself.  She has an accomplished endurance riding career and on top of that, she's pursuing vet school!  I really don't know how she does it.  I wanted to go to vet school once upon a time, but have since nixed that idea as I didn't want to be unduly stressed for a number of years.  Not Mel!  She's doing it all and still writes some really entertaining posts in her free time educating me on canine and equine health, as well as entertaining and educational stories about endurance.  I love hearing about her Farley and the antics she pulls.  It makes me both excited and scared to get my own, haha!


Jordan at A Little Slice of My Life - Someone I knew in person pre-blogger world.  She's Orion's new mom, and honestly, I think she was meant to be his mom from the beginning - they're such a better fit that he and I were!  While we grew up in the same town and have mutual friends, we never knew each other well.  She writes beautifully and through her writing I've discovered how similar we are.  Its been fun to become better friends through horses and blogging as of late...even if she has been swallowed by the great Organic II monster this semester.  But I understand, when I took that course I was swallowed up, too.


Kate at The Adventures of Lucy - Her horse is beautiful yet bonkers (making for great photos of  a rodeo in English version), her saddle pad artwork is to be envied (seriously, its beautiful), and she's got one of the coolest dogs ever (Rhodesian Ridgebacks are a closet-obsession of mine) - oh, and as of late she made a hard decision that many of us would have struggled with and despite the results, she found a silver-lining to it all.  Quite the lady!  I haven't been following her blog for more than a month or so, but I really look forward to her posts.  She's got the best of both worlds it seems, trails and ring work to keep herself and Lucy well-rounded.  I'm absolutely amazed at her balance and riding skill as Lucy throws shenanigan after shenanigan her way!


...I'm noticing a trend here.  Men don't blog.  Hmmmmm.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! And thanks for giving me more blogs to add to my reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Liz! :) We should hang out again some time soon.

    ReplyDelete