Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow Riding Video

I'm currently participating in my first team penning today.  Its a fun event and other activities will likely occur other than the herding/chasing of cows.  I hope to have more video and photos of it to post in upcoming days.

For now, here is a video from a week or so back of a snow ride.  It was SUPER chilly [finally].  Please excuse the dirty horses.  Numb fingers and lack of a barn (24/7 turnout - they have a shed to run in and that we keep tack and hay in, but no place out of the elements to tack up etc.) led to little want to groom areas that didn't need it (i.e. everywhere a saddle/bareback pad wasn't touching).  This is my first [successful] video with the GoPro chest harness while riding.  I've succeeded with it skiing (obviously) already, but I'm still trying to figure the best way to use it riding.  So, needless to say, the footage is a little rough, especially for our little gallop jaunt uphill.  I promise footage will be better as time rolls on!  =)  Enjoy.




4 comments:

  1. From your little video, I'd guess the horse is fairly smooth. Bacardi is like riding a jackhammer. lol Would it be possible to attach it to the horse's chest? That would be a cool vantage point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one she's on and the brown and white paint in the vid are both mine. You're right, the one she's on is VERY smooth. He's not gaited, but he has a really nice trot and his lope/gallop isn't to bad either except he's really forward. The paint is like riding a jackhammer though. ;)

      Delete
  2. Haha I didn't know you took this...and dang, Orion looks so small! I never realize it until I see a picture or video of me on him.

    ReplyDelete