Monday, December 20, 2010

Snow adventures and future happenings

My big puppy has turned my parents dog into a brat.  She's gone from a quiet little thing to this mouthy talk-back   crank pot.  Obnoxious.

Yesterday Kenai and I went up to Canaan Valley to goof around.  I chatted with Nat'l Ski Patrol folks about finally joining.  If I'm around this summer I'll start the classes.  I'll pretty much be an EMT by the end of of, with more of an outdoors emphasis.  So thats fun.  After the rendezvous with ski patrol I took Kenai to one of the big open fields for him to play in the snow.  This ensued...

Leaping
Listening
Pouncing
There is SO much snow up there!  I was up past my knees several times.  Craziness.  Unfortunately for me, I left my XC and alpine skis at home.  Oh well.  I'll be certain to get out more in the coming days.

--

So in my break from writing these past couple days I've been thinking about the kinds of things I want to write about on here.  My life can be exciting enough to write about at times, but it comes in bursts every now and then, not often enough to write every day or so which is what I'd like to do.  Since I'm outdoorsy, an intimate observer of nature, and, at times, a gear freak I think I will do random blogs about outdoorsy places to visit and about great gear that I have that I would definitely recommend (or not).  Also, I am going to try to do the whole "one small stone" thing.  I was reading about it on other peoples blogs.  I think it would be really cool to do "three beautiful things" but I'm not sure I could find three per day so I'd rather start with just one.  I'm not sure if I will end or begin my posts with the "one small stone", it may vary day to day.  Today however, I am going to end with it.

I stand in the woods and hear a rustling; I look up to see beech leaves clinging to their branches, they are singing with the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment