Thursday, December 22, 2016

2016 Blogger Gift Exchange

This was my first year participating in the Blogger Secret Santa Gift Exchange that Tracy at Fly On Over EQ hosts. I don't really have an excuse for not participating before - I plan to participate in the future as I had a blast this year.

I netted friend and blogger Sara over at a Gem of a Horse as my person to shop for this year. This was perfect on a lot of levels: Sara and I are friends because of our blogs, both compete in endurance, both crewed for one another's first 100 this summer, and are friends IRL. I know her, her family, and Gem intimately after this year! It was a blast to shop for her. She received her gift and recapped it here.

I received my gift this afternoon. So much excitement.

My Secret Santa was Rhiannon from The Horse Is Not Black - a new to me blog that I've now added to my Feedly.

20161222_122311
Upon opening
20161222_122345
So much festive! And the penguin wearing mittens slays me
20161222_122853
Polo wraps, hot chocolate mix, Twix (these may or may not last the day lol), local honey, Mrs. Pastures treats, and boot socks!
20161222_122946
A tote to hold it all!


Rhiannon, I swear you read my mind with the tote as I was *just yesterday* wishing I had a barn-specific tote. And the black polos are perfect as I've decided Griffin's "color" is black for all foreseeable future events. Also, I have always coveted boot socks just like these! I may or may not have squealed a little bit in delight upon unwrapping them. Simple things thrill me...

The horses and I thank you so much for the sweets and other treats you've sent us. Sugar highs are in everyone's near future. Thank you for thinking of us.

Happy holidays, all!

4 comments:

  1. ooooh what a perfect collection of goodies!!!! dedicated barn totes are the actual best - i have a few lol (hoarder status over here tho). i got my secret santa gift in the mail today too and just love this little tradition that Tracy has put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like everything! Nothing is really show specific, but everything can be used for shows. I figured I couldn't go wrong with black for the polos or the tote. The Noble Outfitters Peddies are some of my favorite boot socks. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great gift package!! I loved playing along this year and keep stalking the person I sent gifts to waiting to see when she posts (I know they arrived cuz I'm at pro level stalker on this one).

    Thanks again for my gifts - I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love simple little things -- socks, totes and TWIX. Omg YUM!

    ReplyDelete