Monday, February 7, 2011

A bountiful dinner

I forgot to write about the awesome dinner Chris made us all Friday night!

We went over to my old apartment complex where our friends Joe and Rab still live Friday night.  Chris had wanted to hang out and had volunteered to cook dinner (because he is a god in the kitchen).  [Oh, and Chris and I are working things out *if it wasn't obvious*.  We had a long talk a week ago and are taking things slow.  So far, so good.]  Anyway, since Chris and I were gonna be in charge of dinner (even though we were cooking elsewhere) we figured we would do something with venison.  I have a lot of it after shooting that deer unexpectedly.  I have never eaten deer straight up, only jerky.  So I was completely ignorant as to what kind of recipe to use.  I left it up to Chris.  Bad idea.  Well, good and bad.  Good because it was phenomenal, bad bad because it was super time consuming, really complicated, and really expensive and difficult to find the ingredients.  He chose Pan Roasted Venison with Crushed Blackberry-Ancho Chile Sauce and Sweet Potato-Toasted Pine Nut Polenta


A great part about this night was getting to visit with my freshman year roomie, Kayla!  I missed her greatly.  We're super busy people so it had been hard to see each other these past years of not living together.


She accidentally elbowed her boyfriend, George, in the jaw.  He was kinda ticked about it.  But all is fair in love and war, right?


Kayla, wanting to be a part of something, decided to stir the blackberry-chile sauce while Chris pan-seared the venison.  He's a master in the kitchen. And dinner turned out amazingly!  Thanks, Chris!



Pan-seared white-tail deer backstrap
Blackberry-Ancho chile sauce
Sweet potato-toasted pine nut polenta
 
The beautiful finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment