Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bouncing back

Aaannnd rebound!  Its what I'm trying to do.  Okay, okay, so maybe I'm not as down-trodden as I thought I'd be by [yet another] rejection from a pursued graduate school advisor.  I'm back on track pursuing more.  My research goals have altered quite a bit.  My heart-of-hearts would have me studying wild ass in Mongolia or that species of camel that seems so elusive, but studying ungulates is mondo pricey and seemingly impossible to find a program to do it.  So I'm evolving what I want to take these huge energy issues into account - Marcellus or wind energy.  Wind turbines and raptors is my current pursuit.  I have a professor in mind, so we shall see.

I have come to the conclusion that I'm ready to pursue graduate school.  I'm going to pursue it and try to get in somewhere sometime soon.  I recognize that this is still a vague and fuzzy timeline, but I have to keep trying and pursue something!  I'd like to get in and out of grad school sooner than later so I can really establish myself in the real world and continue making a difference in my field.  And I know I won't feel fulfilled with myself until I have my MS under my belt.  I love my job now, I really do - but I'd feel so much better after more school!  Honestly, I'd be a professional student if it were feasible!

:  :  :

Big meetings in work Wednesday and Thursday.  And then my long weekend in Morgantown to catch up with friends, enjoy Halloween, and have a grand ole time!  I'm pretty psyched to see some people I haven't in months.  Its the worst part about being so busy.

:  :  :

I shall leave you with these today, taken and edited on my new HTC Inspire with some sweet free apps suggested by Chronicles of a Country Girl.

Peak autumn in WV a couple weeks ago
Best friends
Fuzzy lover
My day-to-day

1 comment:

  1. Definitely keep up your hunt for the perfect grad school advisor. It's a lot of hard work, but definitely worth it in the end. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete