Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Busy. [updates]

Legit the busiest person ever.

Monday & Tuesday - work until 5:30p, tutoring until 7:30p, home to crash by 9:30p
Wednesday - work until 4:30p, riding w/ the girls until dark, visiting/helping friends until 8p or so
Thursday - off to Morgantown for work and then staying there - Sunday for play
Next week - Work, tutoring, riding, just like this week; 
Next weekend - Morgantown bound
Following work week, same bit as before
Following weekend, out of state
Aaaannd repeat with a different weekend schedule that involves ski patrol
Aaaand repeat + Thanksgiving
Aaaand repeat + ski patrol testing

Aaaaaand THEN, I kinda sorta have some free weekends.  Kinda.  Sorta.  They're full of ski patroling/patrol training at two different resorts.  Ah, life.

So its not that I'm busy with things I dislike, not in the slightest!  Every day from now until mid-December is just planned out.  And I'm sure by the time I get to December I'll have weekends planned through April or something.  Legit busiest person ever.

And honestly?  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I get sluggish when I sit still.  Granted, I long and hope and wish and want for a lazy day every now and again.  One to laze around and do NOTHING, maybe not even get out of bed - but those don't come often.

I'm pretty happy.  Not too much to complain about!

:  :  :

Oh, a note on NSP training; we're almost done.  And its kind of scary.  The training scenarios of late have involved a lot of mid-shaft femur fractures and our play-victims do some wonderful screaming, its just like real life...and at times, it really sucks.  Its freaky.  And its challenging.  And for fleeting moments I wish I didn't have to do it, but then I realize that's silly.  I love it.  I love the challenge.  I love that it makes me uncomfortable and I'm learning so much from it.  I love when the lightbulb comes on in my head and I'm all, "Oh, well duh, of course!" and suddenly everything is 10x easier and makes so much more sense!  Femurs still worry me; just the degree of pain the patient will be in...  But I've got a few more months of on the hill training partnered up before I have to freak out about being on my own.  Granted, now that I say that I'm certain I've doomed myself to dealing with something...  Sigh.  But seriously, I love patrol.

:  :  :

Still hammering out the details for my Halloween costume(s).  I really want to be a mime (different, yet easy)  but I have been unable to find a B&W striped shirt anywhere!  Going to look a few more places on Thursday night/Friday.  Otherwise...well, I don't know.  Cowboy perhaps.  Easy for me.  I have a cow costume, too.  Easy.  I guess we will see...  

Halloween?  Anyone else?  What are you going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment