Friday, February 8, 2013

Discomfort



Discomfort. Its something we try to avoid on a daily basis. From minor instances of hunger pangs or exercise regimens to bigger occasions of a confrontation with a person we dread. One of my biggest goals for myself this year is to confront discomfort head on. I may not do it all the time. But I’m certainly going to make an effort to do it as often as I can. 

Confronting discomfort is what really helps us to improve ourselves and grow. All the rough times I’ve gone through, the discomfort of those moments - I refer to it as character building. At least that’s what I tell myself to help push through it. Because believe it or not, but I’m pretty aware of when times are shitty. And I know I’m going to get through them and come out on the other side A-okay. But I recognize that it’ll just suck getting there. But each time I find myself on the other side, I’m a little stronger and wiser for it.

So, this year I’m going to confront discomfort and take what I can from each experience. We’ll see how much wiser I am in a year’s time; I have a feeling I’ll come out wiser and better for it.

Accomplishing this trip caused me to confront a lot of discomfort physically and mentally.
I grew SO much from the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment