Saturday, March 5, 2011

*Orion

Gideon Orion was moved home today.  I decided to call him Orion instead since its one of two names I've always wanted to give a horse - the other name, Darwin, I'm saving for a big dapple-gray horse one day.

This little horse is so super chill.  I'm so hesitant to "count my chickens before they hatch" with him still - but seriously, he's awesome.  Nothing startled him today.  Nothing.  He was cool with everything.  We even went on our first trail ride - his first anyway - and he was great.  No jumpiness due to dogs running through the woods or leaves blowing around or anything.  That's practically unheard of in a horse with as little experience doing anything like Orion - freaking awesome.  His only problem?  He's a little skinny - but that's an easy fix.

It may or may not rain tomorrow - we'll see.  I'd like to go ride him again though.  Guess we'll find out in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment