Monday, November 4, 2013

Steady Eddy

I don't have much in the way of words to babble about how putting Griffin back into work was, but I do have a couple videos and photos.




The above videos were from very early on in the 20 minute round pen session.

I began the day by putting him to work in the round pen for about 20 minutes. I listened to the Ratatat station on Pandora and sent him trotting and cantering around with a lot of directional changes.

Griffin's future career(s) are wide open with possibility, but I've got to say this now: if he were to ever do dressage, he'd be a champ at canter pirouettes. Every change of direction at the canter he performed movements similar to just that. I was giggling with glee each time. He looked so fancy.

With the early stages of sweat beginning to show through his winter coat, I cued him to do a few lateral motions off pressure from the tip of the lunge whip. Ending on a positive note with lateral motions, we did a little play with bowing, ended on a good note, and exited the round pen.

From there I gave him this:



My BO works part time at the local college and I have a feeling the kitchens needed to be rid of the packets of apples and carrots for one reason or another...thus we have a garbage bag full of each carrots and apples.

I suited Griffin up in the surcingle and driving reins when he'd finished his treat and proceeded to drive him for about a mile around the property.

He wasn't perfect, but he was very far from being bad. I was very happy with how he did.



Rough going for a short stretch.

I drove him down into the water, then turned him back up the bank
without ever setting foot in the water here myself. We both went across
at another shollower crossing.


No comments:

Post a Comment